Wednesday, June 1, 2011

You ask me why I buy rice and flowers

Confucius: You ask me why I buy rice and flowers? I buy rice to live and I buy flowers to have something to live for.

I had a lovely day out with two best friends in Brighton today, the sun shone and ... I forgot my camera! We had a lovely chat too with a lady in a shop who said the three most important things in life are to read, to write and to dream. That lady should get a blog, I think. This poem was displayed in her shop:


“If, of thy mortal goods, thou art bereft, And from thy slender store two loaves alone to thee are left, Sell one and from the dole, Buy Hyacinths to feed the soul” Muslih-uddin Sadi
 
Friends, defintely something to live for.
 
On those times when I have felt that I was plummeting out of control, there was always a helping hand that appeared over the precipice to haul me back up again - thank you.
 
On the way, I had a good old sing-a-long with the radio. When it got to the Beach Boys ...
 
God only knows what I'd be without you
If you should ever leave me
Though life would still go on believe me
The world could show nothing to me
So what good would living do me

Well I looked at the glorious Sussex countryside and thought of all that does make life worth living (even when we are dealing with those people who are EGR - extra Grace required (Jim Jackson)) - and I smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment